Over 35 years experience
YOUR DENTISTS IN
The distinguishing feature of our clinic is its pioneering use of technology. In addition to paperless management of dental records, numerous technologies allow us to provide dental care comfortably, quickly and with great precision.
Dental implants look like a type of screw and replace the roots of a tooth. The implant helps to keep a new tooth or dental prosthesis (fixed or removeable) in place. These implants are made from titanium or titanium alloys because titanium, unlike other metals, is more readily accepted by the body’s immune system and will not cause infection or other reactions.
Implants in modern dentistry
Bone loss and premature aging
Losing one or more of your teeth starts a chain of events that can have dire physical and cosmetic consequences. One of the less obvious problem is bone loss.
When chewing food, the root of the teeth stimulates the jawbone. When a tooth is lost and is not replaced by an implant, the bone stimulation ceases and the bone mass decreases gradually. Over time, bone loss modifies the shape of the face and the following changes are observed:
- The distance between the chin and the tip of the nose is reduced;
- The chin appears to move forward;
- Decreased facial muscle tone;
- The lips get thinner.
HOW ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS INSTALLED AT CENTRE DENTAIRE DE HAUTE TECHNOLOGIE DU QUÉBEC?
- Oral exam and consultation;
- Panoramic radiography or 3D;
- Treatment planning;
- Bone graft, if required;
- Use of plasma rich in growth factors to accelerate healing, if required;
- Production of surgical guides, if required;
- Number, size and brand of dental implants;
- Operating room preparation and implant installation surgery;
- Manufacture and installation of crowns, dentures and bridges;
- Post-operation follow-ups.
COST OF IMPLANTS
The cost of dental implants depends on many factors but is usually in the thousands of dollars. Fortunately, one part may be covered by your dental insurance and the rest is a valid medical expense for tax purposes. In order to help you with this expense, various dental financing plans are available.
Winning conditions for the use of dental implants
- Implants are generally limited to adults as in adolescence, the growth of the jaws and teeth is incomplete;
- The volume of jawbone where the implant will be placed must be sufficient. Otherwise, a bone graft may be required;
- The patient must be healthy.
- The anatomy of the jaws must allow the placement of the implants with adequate depth and angulation.
Why choose us for your dental implants
If you think dental implants can improve your quality of life, do not hesitate to talk to your dentist.
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF OUR DENTISTS?
Contact - EN
"*" indicates required fields